Re: Enterprise Active Directory support question

On 02/11/2013 01:30 AM, Juanjo Marín wrote:
> Hi !
>
> In GNOME 3.6 Enterprise logins was introduced. This feature is very
> attractive for enterprise deployments because it makes possible to
> add GNOME workstations into Windows networks with Active Directory.
> My understanding of this feature is that it only enables users to log
> on their GNOME workstations, so it doesn't enable them to use the
> shared folders or network printers of their domains without login
> again for every shared resource.

Well it should do those things. I know that the shared folders does
work. For example, we tested it in Fedora:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Active_Directory_gvfs

That said, there are a number of bugs that we need to work through to
make those things be truly seamless. The underlying support is there,
but it needs a bit of polish. Worth filing bugs for the issues
encountered. I'd be happy to be CC'd on those bugs, and take a look as
time permits.

Cheers,

Stef