Re: VJOURNAL (Re: GNOME Calendar app and tasks)

On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 16:54:21 +0200, Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
wrote:

VJOURNAL spec was designed with plain text (without any format) in mind
for the description of the journal entry/note. That's a big drawback

(...)
On the other hand, supporting VJOURNAL for notes gives you instant
access to every calendar/tasks backend supported in e-d-s, as the
protocol/format/etc is the same as for calendars and tasks.

Yes i had this in mind, it's probably quick to implement and data is
already there, we just have to pick it up.

I did not mean fooling the plain text, just leveraging the actual
online providers, for example "VJOURNAL calendar components can be
related to each other or to a "VEVENT" or to a "VTODO" calendar
component, with the "RELATED-TO" property."

Pierre-Yves