Re: 3.12 feature: polari

On 11/10/13 08:01 AM, David Woodhouse wrote:
It is *broadly* true that IRC tends to match the description you give
for it above, I grant you. Although not 100% so, and for other protocols
like XMPP it's even less clear that they can fit cleanly into one camp
or the other. For example some people use XMPP purely in the 'IM' mode
that you describe, and others use it purely in the 'IRC' mode (actually
in xchat via Bitlbee, in my case).

For what it is worth, at my previous job we *internally* used XMPP like
we'd use IRC. In addition to the person to person IM use.

Hub