Re: libgsystem as a shared library

On Wed, 2014-02-05 at 11:24 -0500, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:
I mean, copylibs have existed forever, usually by just copying files
around from project A to project B, and back from project B to project
A. Why does structuring this process in a git submodule make it
suddenly illegal in Fedora review?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't:
 https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:No_Bundled_Libraries#Copylibs

I've reviewed a couple of GNOME apps using libgd, and every time all I
asked in that regards was:

1. the package must filter its automatic provides so that it doesn't end
up providing libgd (as it's not a shared library for other packages to
use)

2. the package must have "Provides: bundled(libgd)"

Which is pretty much what the above guidelines says.

--
Mathieu