Re: Potential GNOME IDE

Hi Michael,
On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 8:53 AM, Michael Ikey Doherty <michael i doherty intel com> wrote:
As promised, preliminary mockup of what I meant with the sidebar:
https://plus.google.com/+IkeyDoherty/posts/cJF7N9djmZz

Looks good! I'd recommend that you ask Allan Day for some feedback since he made the initial designs for the IDE, as posted on the GNOME Apps wiki (he may respond here, though I'm not sure how active he is on the mailing list). Also, you may want to contact Christian Hergert directly to see what his plans are for gnome-builder right now. As you mentioned, prototyping changes you want to see, maybe using gnome-builder as the base for a branch, and following up on Sebastian Wilmet's suggestions are all great ideas for moving forward, IMHO. I think the key to working on a new GNOME app is just communicating with all the parties involved so there isn't any unnecessary duplication of work that happens.

Awesome that you are considering taking this on! Good luck, and I'm looking forward to this (especially if you support GJS :)!

Cheers,
Meg