Re: [desktop-devel-list] Potential GNOME IDE

On Sun, Jan 05, 2014 at 07:31:01PM +0100, Sébastien Granjoux wrote:
Le 05/01/2014 18:03, Sébastien Wilmet a écrit :
Having both gedit and Anjuta is already a duplication of effort.

I don't think so. You can run Anjuta with only the editor plugin to
looks like a simple editor or run gedit with lots of plugin to look
like Anjuta but it's not the same. The architecture is quite
different.

What I meant is that there are some features in common. Like the search
and replace, file loading and saving (with support for different
encodings and line ending types), a multi-document interface (MDI) with
tabs, etc.

Sébastien W.