Translation commits pushed when rolling a tarball

Hi,

At some rare occasions, especially after the string freeze, translation
commits are pushed when rolling a tarball for making a new release.
Since the commit for the release should be pushed only when 'make
distcheck' has succeeded, there can be a push conflict and the
maintainer have to repeat the process (sometimes several times).

I think it would be nice to send mails on gnome-i18n and gnome-doc-list
to explain that commits should not be pushed during the release days. If
a translation or documentation commit is important, the maintainers can
anyway be contacted on IRC to know if the commit can be pushed.

I think there is no equivalent of 'svn lock' for git, so sending a mail
is a solution.

Bonus point is to add a warning on l10n.gnome.org, but it is more work.

What do you think? Is it too rare to care about this problem?

Sébastien