Re: RFC: GSound, a GObject library for playing system sounds

Hi,

On Fri, 2014-11-14 at 17:47 +0800, Tristan Brindle wrote:
A little while ago I wrote a small library called GSound (remarkably, a name which doesn’t seem to have
been used before, at least on my Fedora installation). It wraps the libcanberra API and “GObject-ifies” it
so it can be properly used in introspected languages. I’ve recently dug it back up and dusted it off ready
for public release. The code is available at

https://github.com/tcbrindle/gsound

and the generated documentation can be found at

https://tcbrindle.github.io/gsound-docs

(libcanberra itself isn’t introspectable, which I believe has caused problems for various projects in the
past, and is the reason GSound exists.)

It certainly has.

I for one would be very happy to use GSound in IBus Cangjie (which is
written in Python) instead of relying on the not-so-great pycanberra.

(no support for the other introspected languages, based on ctypes,
inactive upstream,...)

Please, do make GSound an official part of GNOME, so we can start
depending on it. :)

--
Mathieu