Re: Webkit2 porting

On 10/20/2014 03:29 PM, Jim Nelson wrote:

[...]

As far as proxying the DOM, I suspect the real performance problems are
not in individual operations but operations involving iteration.  (In
other words, inserting a single DIV isn't an issue, but walking the tree
looking for all DIVs of a certain class is.)  We do iterations in a few
places, so we'd have to be cognizant of that.

Pardon the tangent.... Assistive technologies have a need for this (e.g.
a screen reader providing a list of headings for quick navigation). And
we walk the (accessibility) tree. :-/ If you have a need to obtain all
the elements which match a set of criteria, and I have a similar need,
maybe others embedding or interacting with WebKit do too. And if that is
indeed the case, maybe the (long-term) answer is for new WK2 API which
would make this easier for all of us?

--joanie