Re: Giving up maintenership of my modules

On Tue, 2014-09-16 at 07:17 +0200, Juan Rafael García Blanco wrote:
Does Gnome keep track of which projects need developers,
documentators, maintainers, ...? I mean something similar to gnu's
savanah.

Developers: Always needed.
Documentation: e.g. https://wiki.gnome.org/DocumentationProject/Tasks/ApplicationHelp
Maintainers: Not that I am aware of.

The latter is a problem.

What does Savanah exactly do? I'm only aware of Debian pinging
maintainers automatically + regularly to confirm they are still around
and not "missing in action" / "away without official leave".
I wonder what other FOSS projects do.

Thanks to Fred we do have https://people.gnome.org/~fpeters/health/
which lists a "code activity score" (bus factor?) for each module - the
lower the number, the better. But I assume those numbers don't
automatically update and might be a bit dusty now.

The question is who and how to turn that into something 'actionable'.
As far as I know nobody is 'proactively' reaching out (where?) to
maintainers on the leave (=making them realize) and finding potential
folks to take over.

andre
(using words like 'proactive' and 'actionable' that he hates)
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/