Re: Giving up maintenership of my modules

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 3:07 PM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
On Tue, 2014-09-16 at 07:17 +0200, Juan Rafael García Blanco wrote:
Does Gnome keep track of which projects need developers,
documentators, maintainers, ...? I mean something similar to gnu's
savanah.

Developers: Always needed.
Documentation: e.g. https://wiki.gnome.org/DocumentationProject/Tasks/ApplicationHelp
Maintainers: Not that I am aware of.
Thanks to Fred we do have https://people.gnome.org/~fpeters/health/
which lists a "code activity score" (bus factor?) for each module - the
lower the number, the better. But I assume those numbers don't
automatically update and might be a bit dusty now.

The other side of it is knowing where maintainers are needed, and that
requires knowing where the priority bugs are.

The question is who and how to turn that into something 'actionable'.
As far as I know nobody is 'proactively' reaching out (where?) to
maintainers on the leave (=making them realize) and finding potential
folks to take over.

Seems like something the release team could be doing. It would require
that we find the right formula for attracting maintainers, of course.

Allan