Re: FOSDEM Desktops DevRoom 2016 Call for Participation

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 06:55:39PM +0000, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
Yeah I understand that but I'm wondering if they could be persuaded
not to treat all applying projects equally and give more room and time
to projects that are more popular/bigger. I didn't want to say bad of
any projects in particular here but I feel I have to give an example,
to make my point so I'll mention one that I actually love: Guile.
Given that there is a handful of people who use Guile (or even Scheme
in general), I really don't see why it should be given the same amount
of room/time as GNOME and KDE.

The bigger and more popular projects usually have their own conferences
as well. FOSDEM is a place for developers to meet and share ideas, and
the smaller projects benefit from the infrastructure and organization.
For some projects FOSDEM is the only place in Europe where developers
meet, so it's normal to give them more time for talks.

(or the developers of the smaller projects are friends with the
organizers)

Sébastien