Killing the Severity field value "trivial" in Bugzilla

<tl;dr> Might happen soon.

While/after upgrading to Bugzilla 4.4 soon(TM) [1], I would like to get
rid of Bugzilla's "trivial" Severity field value in order to get a
slightly shorter list of confusing choices.

That means it will not be possible anymore to set that Severity value on
a bug report, and I would bump the Severity value //only for those 492
open reports// from "trivial" to "minor" (while ignoring closed ones).

IMHO, "trivial" should be expressed by setting the "gnome-love" keyword.
Plus "trivial" is simply not a severity: A "critical" crasher bug can be
trivial to fix when it's just a typo in a function call.

And so this might just happen if noone speaks up to protest.

andre

(PS: Bikesheds about severity vs priority vs importance vs complexity go
to your new separate thread. I prefer my stuff to be actionable chunks.)

[1] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2015-January/msg00066.html
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/