Re: Hello, question about gnome overlay windows

Well, I just checked Gnome Do, the application not the source code, and it seems to allow clicking on it without deactivtiving the current application. It also seems to read keyboard input when it's not current.

I say that it's not current because if I have a top level window in another application open and when I launch Gnome Do, the other application title bar remains active. Even when I click in Gnome Do the other application remains active.

Perhaps this is a feature of GTK_WINDOW_POPUP, that is ... clicking the mouse in a popup window doesn't deactivate the title bar area of the current active top level window. I'll investigate further.