gnome project guidance

Hello,
I am Simran Kaur, a 3rd year undergraduate student at BITS-Pilani and I would like to contribute to gnome logs-search improvement  and builder-search and also participate in GSOC2016.
I am at good at coding in C++ and have knowledge of C and Java as well. Can you please guide me about the its source code and issues and how can I contribute and proceed.

Regards,
Simran Kaur
B.E.(Hons.) Computer Science | M.Sc.(Hons.) Economics

Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani
Pilani CampusPilani 333031, Rajasthan, India