Re: File roller extracting with double click, bug/feature ?

Hello Baptiste,

On Sat, 2016-11-12 at 12:00 -0500, Baptiste Saleil wrote:
Hi all.

File roller extract my archives in current directory by double click
since 3.22
Is this a bug or a feature ?

If it's a feature, is there a bug report or discussion I can track to
understand why devs choose to make this change ?

It's not file-roller but nautilus, and the feature has been mentioned
in various blog posts, including this recap for GNOME 3.22:
https://csorianognome.wordpress.com/2016/08/31/nautilus-3-22-news-changes/

IMHO, this is one of the most stupid features which is again probably
copied from the full-of-stupid-features MacOS.

What exactly do you expect this sort of comment to achieve?

I mean, if you really want to extract an archive in the current
directory, there is the "Extract here" context menu entry, and it's
literaly the same amount of clicks.

Looks like you have mismatched versions of file-roller and nautilus
though, because those 2 aren't supposed to appear at the same time.

Please make sure you've read the various blog posts and design wiki
pages before commenting further, especially using that kind of
language.

Cheers