Re: Pilot GitLab program

Hey Michael,

Indeed, unfortunately the current production instance continues withouth ff merge support (UI wise, UI hooks and feedback, etc.), and that will require more discussion with the GitLab team.
In general, merges vs ff, I would leave that as a maintainer decision, but as you mention most would like linear history and we could take a look for a hook on the server side for now for individual projects to avoid the GitLab UI to be missused.
For Nautilus, we will see how much that makes sense or not. For now we will keep linear history, since I see no reason so far to change it.

Best,
Carlos Soriano