Re: GNOME goal candidates

Ah yeah, don't cancel your plans for nautilus.

Regarding coverage. Most of our modules are core modules; we have a lot
of them. I don't think we have the resources right now to write tests
and obtain high coverage for more than a couple of these modules,
unfortunately. I'd like to keep the GNOME goals manageable and
achievable. You should still go aheadĀ and add coverage support to
nautilus, though. It's an excellent way to improve quality.

Regarding installed tests. The benefits of installed tests versus make
check tests are not very clear to me. I don't think it should be
necessary to install the tests in order to be able to run and test
applications. That indicates a failure somewhere in the test
infrastructure.

Michael