Re: GNOME goal candidates

On 02/28/2017 04:05 PM, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
Regarding installed tests. The benefits of installed tests versus make
check tests are not very clear to me. I don't think it should be
necessary to install the tests in order to be able to run and test
applications. That indicates a failure somewhere in the test
infrastructure.

In-tree tests are beneficial to application developers.

Installed tests are beneficial to distributions, systems implementer, automated QA, etc.