Re: irc.gimp.org is now available via Matrix (was: Re: Thoughs about communication)

On Wed, 2017-03-08 at 12:15 +0100, Alexandre Franke wrote:
Heads up on a quite important issue: some private messages from IRC
users to Matrix users are not delivered. The IRC user won’t get
notified and so will never know the messages were lost.

https://github.com/matrix-org/matrix-appservice-irc/issues/382

Hi,

I hit this yesterday and was planning to send a warning to this list,
but I see you've already done so. Here is a reminder. Do not attempt to
send private messages to Matrix users (people with [m] behind their
names) until this is fixed! Your messages will be *silently* dropped
without any notice to you or the intended recipient!

Michael