Subject: Re: irc.gimp.org is now available via Matrix (was: Re: Thoughs about communication)
Local Time: March 14, 2017 5:50 PM
UTC Time: March 14, 2017 4:50 PM
From: mcatanzaro gnome org
To: Alexandre Franke <afranke gnome org>, Matthew Hodgson <matthew matrix org>
Desktop Development List <desktop-devel-list gnome org>

On Wed, 2017-03-08 at 12:15 +0100, Alexandre Franke wrote:
> Heads up on a quite important issue: some private messages from IRC
> users to Matrix users are not delivered. The IRC user won’t get
> notified and so will never know the messages were lost.
>
> https://github.com/matrix-org/matrix-appservice-irc/issues/382

Hi,

I hit this yesterday and was planning to send a warning to this list,
but I see you've already done so. Here is a reminder. Do not attempt to
send private messages to Matrix users (people with [m] behind their
names) until this is fixed! Your messages will be *silently* dropped
without any notice to you or the intended recipient!

Michael