Re: Proposal for reducing the number of unremovable apps in GNOME Software

On 6 November 2017 at 11:07, Bart Marien <bart marien bednet be> wrote:
Guys, if i may just add the following:

We use gnome extensively in a live e-learning context(+1000 installs). We've had some minor abuse of the screenshot feature where students would take screenshots of the teacher (video conference) and do all kinds of stuff with it.
Currently we have the feature disabled.

So for us it's important that we can uninstall (or at least disable) the feature.

Of course; locked down environments should be an important consideration for any feature that can be abused, but it's not really what we're talking about here.

For your specific case, you probably want to look at:

and disable the screenshot shortcuts. Additionally, you probably want to override the gnome-screenshot desktop file.

You should also file a bug to add a lockdown setting to disable taking screenshots under /org/gnome/desktop/lockdown, so that gnome-shell can ignore the screenshot shortcuts, and thus gnome-screenshot will fail gracefully even if it's installed.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.