Re: GitLab postmortem

On the whole, I'm really pleased with GitLab.

Especially really pleased with the ability to start discussions during reviews and mark comments as resolved. It's a bit of a shame we can't batch comments like on GitHub, but marking discussions as resolved is amazing and makes up for it.

The biggest problem by far has been Bugzilla migration. We still have tons of modules (e.g. gnome-shell, gnome-weather, geary, gsettings-desktop-schemas... just a few off the top of my head) which have still not completed Bugzilla migration. The very slow pace of migration is quite frustrating. Also, Bugzilla is quite broken right now, so you have to use Andre's direct links to get to the patch queue, bug list, etc. This would be a lot less frustrating once issues migrate, but in the meantime makes working with these modules almost impractical. Finally, it's just annoying to split discussion between Bugzilla and GitLab based on the time an issue was filed, or between patches and merge requests, for example.

I know it's a huge pain to do these migrations, but at least it's just a one-time cost and then we can be fully moved to GitLab.