Re: 3.27.90 tarball deadline extended

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 9:14 AM, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
Whatever maintainers use to build release tarballs is fine — as long as you ensure that you're always keeping the build of the whole GNOME set of modules running.

Yes, this!

Milan, feel free to do the .91 release whenever you want. Or you could do it now and call it .90.5, or whatever you want to call it.

The delay seemed appropriate because, having advised maintainers to switch from JHBuild to BuildStream, but not having any way to generate release tarballs with BuildStream, was not a friendly situation for maintainers. I had provided guidance that was not possible to follow. I know you're used to releasing without using JHBuild, but that can be difficult, and anyone who relies on JHBuild to make releases and followed our advice to stop doing so would have been stuck. Hence, some extra time to figure out what we were doing was needed.

Michael