Re: [GitLab] IMPORTANT: Mass migration plan

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 2:15 PM Carlos Soriano <csoriano gnome org> wrote:
Regarding the impersonation, it was me being cautious, I didn't do any consultation or something like that.

My take is that the consequences of X threshold of people complaining about that would be a major issue, including possible requests for deleting all the issues migrated that contain the impersonation, and I don't want to find myself in that situation. If that surprises you, I suggest to take a moment and think again about how many different people our community have :). On the other hand, less legible text of migrated issues doesn't strike me as a major problem.

For practical reason I personally prefer the result of the migration with impersonation too.

Anyway, Philip let's go with impersonation, would you be able to take care of that?

See my earlier mail, due to a GitLab bug you can either preserve the user account, or the timestamp, but not both. While this bug is still not fixed, doing the impersonation would make things much less legible overall because the timestamps will be messed up, potentially posting messages out of order.

Check https://gitlab.gnome.org/Incubator/bztogl/issues/7 for more information.

Regards,
Philip C