Re: Removing gstreamer git master from gnome-build-meta

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 3:00 AM, Abderrahim Kitouni <akitouni gnome org> wrote:
Hi all, We would like to remove gstreamer master from gnome-build-meta. What this means is that the nightly flatpak runtimes will have the latest gstreamer stable version (1.14.4 as of this writing, but 1.16 should be released soon). I believe this won't break anything, but if you think you really need gstreamer master, please speak up in this issue: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-build-meta/issues/97 Cheers, Abderrahim

This seems like a good idea to me. If GStreamer were still using the GNOME release cycle, then it would be beneficial to test the version of GStreamer that's going to be present in the next GNOME release. But that hasn't been the case for several years now. I think we'd benefit from testing the version of GStreamer that our users are actually going to be running.

Michael