Re: I believe we should reconsider our sys-tray removal

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 1:06 PM, Britt Yazel <bwyazel gnome org> wrote:
I believe that there is an elegant solution to handling sys-tray icons without sacrificing our core goals, one idea being to incorporate it into the Dash.

I wonder if there's been any serious design consideration of this proposal? The dash seems like it might be a safer place to put things than allowing applications to clutter the precious top bar.

On the other hand, we might just walk into user complaints that the icons are not visible enough there.

Michael