Re: I believe we should reconsider our sys-tray removal

On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 at 18:27, Florian Müllner <fmuellner gnome org> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 6:50 PM Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:

> You cut the part where I said the appindicator implementation should be changed. :-)

I thought you were referring to the client library, not the underlying spec :-)

AFAIK the spec still assumes X11 like:

```
org.freedesktop.StatusNotifierItem.WindowId

UINT32 org.freedesktop.StatusNotifierItem.WindowId ();

It's the windowing-system dependent identifier for a window, the application can chose one of its windows to be available through this property or just set 0 if it's not interested.

```

or DBus-Menu:

```

org.freedesktop.StatusNotifierItem.Menu

OBJECT PATH: DBus path to an object which should implement the com.canonical.dbusmenu interface

```

on top of the whole wishy-washy "don't implement this if you don't like it, Mercury is retrograde, or it's Thursday", so it's definitely needs to be changed as well.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.