Re: Proposal: Replace all references to master/slave in GNOME modules

On 25 Apr 2019, at 02:46, Michael Gratton <mike vee net> wrote:

I deliberately chose "mainline" for Geary's mainline branch name because it has the same auto-complete
prefix as "master", for example. Want to check out the mainline branch? Just type "git co m<TAB>", just
like you always have. Lastly, if adopted project-wide, then we'd all get used to the new names rather
quicky. Finally, to respond to (3) I am proposing it project-wide now.

Pretty much the only definition of "mainline" (as a single word) in English is as a verb with drug-taking
connotations. Is that really a big improvement?

Cheers,
Calum.