Re: Proposal: Replace all references to master/slave in GNOME modules

El mié., 1 may. 2019 a las 4:58, Germán Poo-Caamaño (<gpoo gnome org>) escribió:
On Wed, 2019-05-01 at 03:49 +0200, Ask Hjorth Larsen via desktop-devel-
list wrote:
> Am Mi., 1. Mai 2019 um 01:07 Uhr schrieb Michael Gratton <
> mike vee net>:
> > On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 17:53, Daniel Mustieles García
> > <daniel mustieles gmail com> wrote:
> > > What has happened with this? We have a repo with a non-standard
> > > branch name and no consensus for a global change, do we?
> >
> > Just trying to find the time to write up a summary of where we are
> > at
> > and a draft plan to move forward.
>
> But the argument that a master branch would imply slavery was not
> convincing to me and many others.  Why, then, is work in this
> direction apparently continuing?

Michael is free to write a summary of the thread when he pleases, as
well as he is free to write a proposal draft to move forward as he
pleases. He does not need to convince you or me. He is a free person.

The problem is that he is not only writting a summary. He has renamed master branch in GitLab, he has noticed people in Ubuntu about this change, he has ignored us when we have said his arguments about Python, Django, etc were not valid, he has ignored what most of the people in this thread has said... that's not just a summary and that's not just a proposal. The change was done before opening this thread.

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño
https://calcifer.org/