Re: GNOME 3.38.3 stable tarballs due, GNOME 3.36.9 oldstable tarballs due (and more) (responsible: mclasen, alatiera, abderrahim)

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 4:02 pm, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:
We forgot to ensure that ftpadmin is compatible with the new versioning scheme. In short, it's not. So you cannot actually make 40.alpha releases yet. Please hold off on 40.alpha until further notice. We'll figure this out. :)

We have a fix that I think is ready, but not yet deployed. The tarball deadline for 40.alpha tarballs will be extended until at least Monday. (Additional extension may be necessary depending on when the fix gets deployed.)

I see a couple 40.alpha releases were made without installing tarballs. That's fine for now, just please don't forget to install the tarballs once this is fixed!

Thanks,

Michael