Re: Reminder: action required when updating dependencies or build options

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 12:16 pm, Jonas Ådahl <jadahl gmail com> wrote:
FWIW, mutter and gnome-shell (and others too I suspect)  only allow
maintainers to merge to master (due to a lack of better granularity in
the community edition of GitLab), but that is primarily due to us using
marge-bot, so while anynone from the release team that isn't listed in
the doap file as a maintainer won't be able to merge, they would be able
to assign their build fix merge requets to marge-bot to have merged.

Yeah that configuration is totally fine for us. In the rare cases where the build is somehow broken in gnome-build-meta but not the project CI, AND we can't get in touch with a maintainer, AND marge-bot is somehow also broken, then we just have to temporarily pin the tarball. Hardly likely to happen.