Re: [Evolution] Keyboard shortcut for Next unread message in another folder

On 12/15/06, Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve> wrote:
On Fri, 2006-12-15 at 14:20 +0000, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 19:17 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 15:56 -0700, Brett Johnson wrote:
> > > When you create a search folder which includes unread messages in a
> > > collection of other folders, you've just thrown away a bunch of
> > > context for reading the messages (i.e. which folder they come from).
> >
> > Right click on the column headings and select Add A Column. Add the
> > column "Location".
>
> And then curse as you have to make your window much wider than you want
> it to be before you can see anything useful in that column :)

True. It would be much more useful to have that column right-justified
(generally what you want to see is the folder name, not the rest of the
URL). Or just have the folder name itself and to hell with the rest.

I wonder if there's any work being done in grouping messages the way
it's implemented in tasks view or the way Outlook 2003 does it, ie.
group by date/location/sender/subject/etc. I guess it would save a lot
of horizontal real-estate and improve usability a bit.

Thanks,
--
Enver