Re: gnome-control-center accessible?

Thomas:
I think you are correct in thinking that there should be no need to
relink anything to the new libgail-gnome - unless the "soname" changed
somewhere inadvertently, which it should not have done.

One possibility is that something's awry with some of the ".la" files
that libtool tends to put in your $prefix/lib directory.  Under some
circumstances libtool can "guess wrong" and leave you reading obsolete
libraries.  To be honest I have no idea how or why that happens - and so
far I haven't found anyone else who explained it clearly either.  Then
again it could just be my own impatience with libtool...

= Bill