ANNOUNCE: TiLP - Ti Linking Program 6.00-stable

		[ Release notes ]

Previous version: 5.17-devel (20/05/2002)
Current version:  6.00       (17/12/2002)

TiLP is available for 3 platforms as a native program:
Linux (GTK), Windows (MFC) and Mac OS-X (Cocoa).
It will be available for FreeBSD soon...

If you have a SilverLink cable (TI-GRAPH LINK USB), you will need to
retrieve
a Linux/Win32/Mac OS-X driver on the Linux Programmer Group at
<http://lpg.ticalc.org/prj_usb>.

For the other link cables, no driver is needed because it's provided.

Warning:
--------

	SilverLink owners must upgrade to driver v2.2 !

Improvements:
-------------

	- a _completely_ rewritten calculator support (libticalcs)
	- nice icons thanks to Jesse Palmer
	- error messages are more explicit now
	- GUI clean-up
	- [Linux]: libusb support improved for SilverLink
	- [Linux]: added icons & WM support
	- the usual bug fixes

New capabilities:
-----------------

	- grouping/ungrouping/displaying of files
	- V200 support
	- clock support for AMS208 (incomplete like TI-Connect !)
	- the ability to save a working directory
	- display file type in right window
	- user's manual and FAQ in html format
	- new library: libtifiles
	- receiving variables as single or grouped files
	- bookmarks
	- [Linux]: a new plug-ins mechanism
	- [Linux]: tiser module is no longer needed for serial/BlackLink cable

Known problems:
---------------

	- [Linux]: the timeout value can not be changed with kernel modules.
	Consequently, OS upgrades will fail...

Future capabilities:
--------------------

	- [Linux]: a lot of plugins for loading/modifying/saving TI variables.
	- migrate from GTK 1.2 to 2.0 (Linux)

Bug report:
-----------

If you think that you have found a bug, please report it. This allows me to

improve TiLP and make it better.
Feel free to mail me, I always reply to mails.

It seems that some guys have backup problems with TI89/92+. If you have
installed a kernel or some other assembly program which modify the FLASH
or
RAM memory, this may explain your problem. But, mail me anyways.

Mailing:
--------

See the User's Manual...

The TiLP project by the TiLP team <http://lpg.ticalc.org/prj_tilp>.