Re: Gnome Mail clients (Re: Is Balsa alive?)

On Tue, 06 Apr 1999 19:02:03 +0200, Bertrand Guiheneuf wrote:

>Conversely, the mail library which is 50% ready will be CORBAified
and
>usable in place of libmutt in balsa.

Hmm...  Just so we don't duplicate effort, how would this library
relate to a potential libmailcheck framework?  I'm making slow but
steady progress towards an implementation of the mailcheck design we
hashed out on gnome-devel-list last month (it should be on CVS in a
few days for others to hack on, once I get it to compile on my
machine:) ).

Checking for new mail is a subset of a generalized mail library, but
do we want it in any case?  My assumption all along has been that
once it is stabilized, it would go into gnome-libs/gnome-core, along
with the mailcheck applet, etc.  Would your library be folded into
the "core" GNOME distribution, or would it stay with the mail client?

If you've done the work for a general mail framework, that's great,
but do people want me to continue work on the mail-checker?

-Russell

--
Russell Steinthal
<rms39@columbia.edu>		Columbia College Class of 1999