Re: gnome-print and font height?

On Tue, 6 Apr 1999, Dietmar Maurer wrote:

> Does anybody know how to obtain the height, ascent and descent for a
> font in gnome-print (for the printer font, not for the gdk_font).

I don't believe that the concepts of ascent and descent exist in
gnome_fonts. They just have a height.  I believe I approximate these by
assuming that 1/3 is the descent and 2/3 is the ascent, but I don't have
access to code right now, so I'm not sure.

There should be a gnome_font_height, but I'm not sure if that's the
correct function name.
    Chris