gnome-sound libraries

Is there somebody maintaining/designing the gnome-sound parts of
gnome-libs currently? I've been playing around with them on my own, and
I've got a skeleton of a nice API for clients to talk to (storing smaples,
streams, etc.) and the ability to poll the system for a small amount of
info. Plus, a system like this removes the dependence on esound (opening
up the door for a different sound backend).

Basically, should I run with this, or has somebody else already done this
or have plans to work on this?