Re: GNOME component versioning

Russell Steinthal wrote:

> This is obviously a new feature, and not a high priority, but I
> thought it might be useful to think about, both as individual
> packages (even within the "core" GNOME system) start to separately
> evolve (more so than even before) and since we're currently
> discussing changes to the build/install process.

I like the sound of this. As an additional idea, it might be nice if
_any_ gnome apps, (ie. non-'core' modules), could "register" themselves,
with whatever service provides a summary of version numbers.

An application could then provide information about all the gnome
components installed on a system, and their versions, rather than just
the core components.

--
Lee.
http://atlas.cs.york.ac.uk/~lrpm100/

"Just remember... If anyone asks, Motif is evil."