Re:what does the 'O' in GNOME stand for? (was RE: Re(2): GNOME Clipboard)

>why not have a (maybe inproc) gnome/corba object that encapsulates the
>clipboard? anything like that developed so far? (IDataObject style)

That's what I was thinking when I said 'additional functionality'. So, I'll start with the GNOME clipboard this weekend. That's what I am doing:

* get Xclipboard source for the basic clipboard access
* provide all the program functionality as a CORBA object
* provide history (as was said before)

any more ideas?