RE: Re(2): GNOME Clipboard

> >why not have a (maybe inproc) gnome/corba object that encapsulates the
> >clipboard? anything like that developed so far? (IDataObject style)
> >
> That's what I was thinking when I said 'additional
> functionality'.

i don't think that's 'additional functionality'; i think that's core
functionality. a CORBA/GNOME (non-ui) canonical clipboard object is a great
idea, and making an object which uses that and exposes that to the user is a
great idea. But putting both those in one basket seems like a terrible idea.

also, would gdk_selection (or gtk_selection??) make things simpler than
using the code in xclipboard?

Matthew@loper.org
http://loper.org/~mmlop