Re: WindowMaker and GMC/GNOME.

On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, George Farris wrote:

> I can run gnome-session and as long as I don't run gmc everything
> works quite well.  WindowMaker cores the very odd time.  I find
> however that I can't run gmc for any length of time before WM goes
> away altogether.  Many times it seems to have something to do with
> icons on the desktop.
> Anyone else experiencing this here?

I am running gnome-session with gmc started and windowmaker 0.52 and have
not had it crash yet.  I do not however use gmc a lot (it is always
running, just no active windows) so I don't know if that makes a
difference.  I also have added no desktop icons other than the home
directory and cdrom icons, though whenever I use gmc, I always use the
gome directory icon to launch a new window.

This is all with about a week old cvs checkout (i'm also too lazy to use
tags, so I have gtk 1.3)

-chris

Christopher Rogers      Stevens Institute of Technology
gandalf@pobox.com       http://www.pobox.com/~gandalf

Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately, it kills all of its students.