Re: WindowMaker and GMC/GNOME.

> On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, George Farris wrote:
>
> > I can run gnome-session and as long as I don't run gmc everything
> > works quite well.  WindowMaker cores the very odd time.  I find
> > however that I can't run gmc for any length of time before WM goes
> > away altogether.  Many times it seems to have something to do with
> > icons on the desktop.
> > Anyone else experiencing this here?
>
> I am running gnome-session with gmc started and windowmaker 0.52 and have
> not had it crash yet.  I do not however use gmc a lot (it is always
> running, just no active windows) so I don't know if that makes a
> difference.  I also have added no desktop icons other than the home
> directory and cdrom icons, though whenever I use gmc, I always use the
> gome directory icon to launch a new window.

If I drag a url from netscape to the desktop the whole session goes
away and I'm presented with the login screen again.  Happens every
time.  Me thinks one of the libraries is f***ed up but which one??

This is a real drag:-)

George Farris - VE7FRG           E-Mail : george@gmsys.com
G.M. Systems,                  Web page : http://www.gmsys.com
2570 Seaview Road,            Phone/Fax : (250)743-1500
Mill Bay, B.C., Canada
V0R 2P0                       We do pre-installed Linux systems.