Re: new gnome-session logout

Tom Gilbert wrote:

> * Jacob Berkman (jberkman@andrew.cmu.edu) [990802 11:02]:
> > Hi,
> >
> > After updating to the newer gnome-session (with the RH6 patches merged in)
> > I immediately wanted to save the session by default, but be able at "end
> > session time" to not save the session.
> >
> > Anyway here is a little diff that does what I want.  I can commit it if
> > you like, or just leave it in my local tree forever.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jacob
>
> While we're on the subject (kind of) it would be *really* nice to have
> some sort of way to save and restore named sessions. When I think of a
> session manager this strikes me as core functionality, and yet Gnome
> has now reached v1.0 without any such feature. I want to be able to
> set a default session, and be able to revert to that whenever I want,
> and it would also be nice to save a "Updating my website" session, and
> a "Fiddling with C code" session, and switch between them.
>
> Surely most of the code is already there to facilitate this?

I want that :) but twisted a little...

I want to be able to open(or close) a bunch of applications at once by
hitting the "open my image scanning stuff" or "open my faxing stuff"
button.

Where my 'buttons' load/restore a bunch of applications including
position, size _and_ state.

The difference is that you have several sub-sessions open, not effecting
the main enviroment.

Oliver.