Re: Grammar problems in gnomecal

Quoting from the first message in this thread, here are a few of the
problem translations:

> Recur on the 1st Monday   -- Povtor{ja}etsja v 1yj ponedel'nik
> Recur on the 1st Thursday -- Povtor{ja}etsja v 1u{ju} sredu
> Recur on the 2nd Thursday -- Povtor{ja}etsja vo 2u{ju} sredu

Notice that the translation of "1st" is dependent on the following word?
That is the problem.  Unless I am mistaken, libglade will not make this
any easier.  Furthermore, the english rules for deciding on a suffix for
the day number (st, nd, rd or th) may not map very well onto the target
language.

This is a difficult problem.

James.

--