Re: anoncvs failures

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999 allbery@ece.cmu.edu wrote:

> cvs checkout: in directory gnome-objc/intl:
> cvs checkout: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory
> (that one's been happening for the past several months)

Me too! Having been told that the only way of rectifying it was to rf -rf
it, I did so on my entire gnome directory, only to see it reappear again
five minutes ago! And that was only my 2nd update!

> cvs server: failed to create lock directory in repository `/cvs/gnome/gnumeric/src': Permission denied
> cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/cvs/gnome/gnumeric/src'
> cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

I'm seeing that on occassion too.

> cvs server: failed to create lock directory in repository `/cvs/gnome/audiofile': Permission denied
> cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/cvs/gnome/audiofile'
> cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up
>
> Note that my CVS get script retries 5 times, so this is not just a
> failure on a single mirror; it's happening on all of them.

How does it detect failure and try again?

And I concur that this isn't just VA's broken machine - it's them all (I
guess).

Any idea when it will be fixed - I am trying to report bugs on the various
modules...

--
James Green
http://www.cyberstorm.demon.co.uk/