Re: anoncvs failures

On 12 August, 1999 - James Green sent me these 1,4K bytes:

> > cvs server: failed to create lock directory in repository `/cvs/gnome/audiofile': Permission denied
> > cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/cvs/gnome/audiofile'
> > cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up
> >
> > Note that my CVS get script retries 5 times, so this is not just a
> > failure on a single mirror; it's happening on all of them.
>
> How does it detect failure and try again?
>
> And I concur that this isn't just VA's broken machine - it's them all (I
> guess).

I run farbror.acc.umu.se, which is one of the anoncvs machines. I just
tried doing a fresh checkout out the entire gnome module. All works
fine.
Also, I don't see any error message from the rsync log which currently
spans 2 weeks back.

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, stric@ing.umu.se, http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student at Computing Science, University of Umeå