Re: colromaps/visuals

> you everyone for bearing my answers and answering them), libart may rander in
> an rgb buffer its pixbuf buffer. so:
> image-file -> gdk-pixbuf : pixbuf buffer . transforms -> gdk-rgb : GdkImage

Not quite.

You use gdk_pixbuf to load a file.  The load function returns a pointer to
a GdkPixBuf struct.

Then, you determine if the picture has an alpha channel, and call the
appropriate gdk_rgb call.

Example code for this is in the gdk-pixbuf CVS module.  Look at
testpixbuf.c.  And yes, this is quite fast.

Mark <- needs to remember to finally add his name to AUTHORS in gdk-pixbuf