Re: GNOME print native drivers.

Miguel de Icaza <miguel@gnu.org> writes:
> I do not know what Uniprint does.  But gnome-print has two extensions
> to postscript: transparency (alpha channel on draw operations) and
> anti-aliasing.

Uniprint is the unified printer driver for ghostscript.  Is uses
relatively simple "parameter files" to know the specifics of different
printers, so it is possible to drive almost any printer with it by
providing the right parameter file.  According to my limited knowledge
of the ghostscript driver architecture, it should be possible to fork
Uniprint from ghostscript and use it directly from the Gnome printing
library.  Is just an idea, but it may save a lot of work.

More info on Uniprint can be found in the GS documentation, in the
file Devices.htm.

Regards,

M. S.
Martin A. Soto J.                           Profesor
Departamento de Ingenieria de Sistemas y Computacion
Universidad de los Andes      masoto@uniandes.edu.co