Re: wxWindows and GNOME

On 30 Aug, bob@cs.csoft.net wrote:
+-----
| Well, then how do you suggest easily creating vfs features that all
| programs can use, without modifying the 4,000 + programs out there...
+--->8

You don't.  You're trying very hard to introduce compatibility problems
into working systems.

If you really, really, REALLY must be lazy, I suggest you get the
source to amd and modify it to provide a vfs-based interafce that is
(a) compatible with more than just Linux and (b) not liable to break
existing programs with unexpected vfs-based semantics for what the
programs think are ordinary filenames.

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu